Friday, June 11, 2010

Away for the weekend

Are YOU ready for the World Cup? Because Germany sure is. Think Oklahoma football pre-season excitement and double it, at least. We're headed to Munich this afternoon, and will return on Sunday evening. So we'll miss parts of the various games going on, but we should at least be able to see the Germany game when we get back to Weimar. The USA plays England tomorrow evening, although Andy and I have tickets to a show.

Munich promises to be a very Lerner and Loewe and Weill and Brecht weekend. It will be interesting to see how My Fair Lady translates into German...

Until later everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I've actually seen My Fair Lady in German! In the production I saw, the Cockney accent became...kind of a Southern Austrian accent, I think. And "the rain in Spain" was "Es grünt so grün wenn Spaniens Blüten blühen!" (which I was able to Google, thank goodness!)

    ReplyDelete