I'm trying to get a jump on my post for the day so I can go to bed early. Our evening activities ended earlier than they have been recently, but it's still really light out so it doesn't feel like Isaac's bedtime, but it's after 9 now, and if he goes to bed early, I can too.
Isaac actually slept all night last night, in his clothes. I, however, did not sleep well since I expected him to wake up, so every noise caught my attention. And then he woke up before 7, as Andy was getting ready to go. I changed him and put him in pajamas, just in case. We snuggled together a little, but I eventually got up to make breakfast since he wasn't falling asleep. So I mixed up some pancake batter, and as I was pouring the first one in the pan, he asked to get up onto our bed, and was asleep in about 5 seconds. Go figure...so much for me sleeping in. But instead, I had a really nice breakfast, including the pancakes and scrambled eggs. I also mashed together a banana and peach to go on top of the pancakes, which turned out to be super delicious. I was also able to get mostly ready for the day before he woke up again. He did not, however, enjoy the pancakes, but looking back I think he had some indigestion and wasn't feeling well.
We're starting to get ready to leave, so we ran a few errands, including getting a little thank you for our friend who will play with Isaac during Andy's concert tomorrow, and returning library books. Then, our usual morning exploration through campus while we waited to meet Andy for lunch. It was rather warm today (it was uncomfortable but I know nowhere near El Paso temps so I can't bring myself to say hot) but a really refreshing breeze was coming off the lake.
At lunch, two of the women who work there came to say goodbye to Isaac. One of them has come to say hello every day. She says he reminds her of when her son was that age. I don't know what Isaac will do when we get home and he doesn't have a lunch room full of people smiling at him. Or a beautiful temperate outdoors to play in all the time. I'm going to have to come up with something better than our 95-degrees-in-the-shade-at-9-am backyard or the play area at the mall.
There was an awful lot of playing in the crib before naptime actually started. But Andy was off this afternoon, so he stayed in the cabin to rest while Isaac napped (or "napped"), and I went for a while to a violin masterclass. It was nice to get out on my own, but to be honest I was really tired so napping wouldn't have been a bad plan, either. The class was ok...the person giving it situated herself with her back to the audience so I had a hard time hearing what she said, plus there was someone sitting nearby who wouldn't stop talking.
For dinner, we went over to the house of the family that loaned us all the toys for Isaac. We had a nice meal outside and the kids had fun running around playing in the yard. I have all sorts of ideas of toys we should get for Isaac after this trip...though I guess he doesn't need everything he ever thinks is fun. And what fun would it be to go to a friend's house if they have all the same toys as the toys at home? Except for the whole playing with a friend part, of course.
Time for bed. One more day here, one more concert, then on to Bloomington!
No comments:
Post a Comment