So...last night we were really late getting back from firework festivities, so Isaac slept in a little to 8:45. I know you all wait with bated breath to hear how Isaac sleeps every day. And I hate to admit it, but since I really needed to shower, I put Isaac in his crib with several toys, and set up the Kindle outside to play the lone episode of Caillou that we bought for just such purposes. He hasn't watched tv much at home; we keep away from certain stations because frankly I find them annoying. And he hasn't wanted to sit still to watch anything so far, but he is interested in this little show, or at least in manhandling the Kindle. Anyhow, I suppose it doesn't hurt for as long as it takes to shower.
We went to music class today, where a guest came to demonstrate the bassoon. At one point she attached a latex glove to the top and inflated it with her low note, so the kids were impressed with that. Isaac, as usual, wanders in and out of class. Even when he is watching, I have to sing and help him clap. He's a bit too young for it but at least he's being exposed to it, and it's something to do. There are a few kids about his age that do the same thing. There is another mom with only one child also, and I see her thinking the same thing as me, it seems, wondering how much to let her boy wander without him getting in the way of the class, but without totally squelching his ability to explore and be independent. It makes me feel better to see that.
We ate a very leisurely lunch, then back for naptime. How long today, you ask? About 2 hours, 45 minutes. Andy didn't have anything later in the afternoon, so we all napped, in fact.
For dinner, we drove to Traverse City to meet our old friend Scott, who is up for the weekend with his girlfriend to see Andy's concert on Sunday. It was also the first time we met his girlfriend, who is really nice. We ate at the same restaurant where Isaac lost it the last time. There were a lot more kids this time, including a wandering fussy young walker with a particular interest in bending over to knock her head on the cement sidewalk. There is a cherry festival going on this week, so there are a lot of people, especially families, vacationing in town. We had a nice dinner and tried different dishes than last time; this place has such delicious pork dishes. We walked around the bay area and ate gelato (peach, but you should know...it wasn't as good as Weimar. That's the standard by which all ice cream is now measured, even with three years gone by). They brought a couple of gifts for Isaac, including a t-shirt with the old "say yes to Michigan" slogan, and an orange stuffed bunny named Isidor. The shirt will have to wait a few years, but Isaac loved the bunny. He started to say "bye bye" today, so in the course of entertaining him during dinner, I would hide the bunny under the table and he would say "bye bye" to it. One of our friends also taught him a new trick, saying "yes" while pulling his fist down out of the air, like when you try to get a semi truck to honk. She's been working on this with Isaac since we got here, and is reaping the rewards of her labor. Small pleasures, right?
Another late night, but not as late as yesterday. Still, Isaac fell asleep in the car and didn't wake up when we got home. I should have just changed his clothes, but I put him straight down so he's still in there sleeping in his day clothes. Oh well. I await his 3 am request to do something about it.
I took no photos today, sorry!
No comments:
Post a Comment