I'm not sure there's any main event describing today, except perhaps that I'm getting a little tired of walking. I do have a couple good pairs of shoes, including one that I bought the day after we got here. And it's maybe not the walk back and forth from the cabin to campus that does it, but the constant chasing and shadowing of Isaac. There's just so much for him to get into, and put in his mouth. So no sitting on a bench while he roams nearby. He also gets really tired, and wants me to pick him up so he can rest a minute, but he doesn't really want me to stand still.
We spent the morning on campus, and got up there early to hear Andy's rehearsal at the main auditorium before they broke up for sectionals. Isaac got into a bunch of dirty puddles before I could stop him, followed immediately by some woman walking by who commented that it was so neat that I really let him explore like that, except her tone of voice said it really wasn't so neat. And I wished she would have walked a little closer so Isaac would have somewhere to wipe his hands...
Andy was super busy today, with his orchestra in the morning, concerto competition in the afternoon then brass ensemble, and he went to a faculty recital in the evening. After naptime, Isaac and I borrowed a car to go to the elementary school playground. It had a small slide play thing, good for Isaac's size, but no toddler swing seat, so I guess it's a toss up between this and the park we visited a few days back. Then we picked up Andy for dinner, dropped him off for the concert, went to the grocery store, then headed home for bed.
Not a super exciting day, just sort of in the new routine. Andy and I were talking, though, about how Isaac seems to be doing some accelerated learning and talking right now. I don't know if it's a phase he's hitting now, generally, or if it's because we're in a stimulating environment for him. He picks some words up right away. Especially homophones. He knows shoe, and today he learned shoo, as in "shoo fly," plus accompanying gesture. Also, no/nose/know. He had a revelatory moment today when he figured out how to pull up the menu by dragging part of the screen on my phone, and after I cut his nails I caught him trying to do it to himself. He's just doing so much mimicking suddenly.
We have some playdate plans tomorrow morning, so it promises to be a more interesting day.
No comments:
Post a Comment