Sunday, June 30, 2013

I have run out of creative post titles

Today was a rather active and fun day that also involved me having a nap, so I call it a success. Isaac woke up at 6 am. It seems he is adjusting himself to the daylight...so bedtime late and rising early, like at least an hour later or earlier, respectively. On the up side, he falls asleep in about two minutes, and is taking super long naps.

We visited Andy's rehearsal early on, where Isaac announced his presence and got a big "Hi Isaac!" from the orchestra. He was pretty good, though. I wish I had been quicker to get a photo or video of him playing peekaboo with a black squirrel (an Interlochen special, just the opposite of the white squirrels in Brevard) on a tree, running from side to side to look at the squirrel. I suppose the squirrel felt safe enough from a few feet up to play with Isaac.

Next we went to play with the same family we visited a few days ago. Both kids were awake this time, including the one closer to Isaac's age. Isaac is mostly home with me, so he doesn't get a ton of interaction with other kids in regular life, and even less with kids his age. I am learning that he is, apparently, going to be that huggy child who gets up in other kids' faces to show affection. This hasn't come up with his little cousins who are the same age, but now that they are all mobile, I suspect it will. But anyway, he had a good time again, as did I. And he even got to trade the toys they lent to us for some different things. Lucky boy again.

He didn't fall asleep on the walk home after lunch, but it was just as well since there was a backhoe (maybe? I'm not up on my truck names. I should probably study up) at the end of our road adding dirt and grating the road. And then maybe the most exciting part of Isaac's day was meeting a little poodle at the cabin next door. He got to spend a good ten minutes with it, since the neighbors were just out visiting, not going anywhere, and they were so delighted by his squealing reaction. Is it inevitable? Are we going to have to get this boy a dog some day? It's not going to be a cat, unfortunately, and I'm predisposed against anything in the rodent or reptile family, so by process of elimination that leaves dogs. Sigh. Not yet, I'm not there just yet.

After glorious naptime for both of us (I'm sorry, Andy, I'm not trying to flaunt it, I know you're busy and tired, too) we all met friends for dinner then went to a band concert. Our group split up, and the women took a walk with Isaac, since he wasn't going to stand for listening quietly. After the concert, the band director had some people over to his house for a bonfire. Again, these are also some really nice people that we've met here. We will see tomorrow how we fared against mosquitoes. There was liberal and repeated application of bug spray but they always find the places you miss.

There's a different playdate tomorrow, plus the concert. I can't wait to hear everything; I've only heard bits and pieces so far. Here's a photo I forgot to post earlier. It's from the first rehearsal this week, and it's hard to see the orchestra, but it's the same place rehearsal was today. The concert will be next door, though, in an open-air but covered auditorium.

On an annoying note, my credit card company called about suspicious activity on my account. I figured it was because of the charges I've made recently out of my usual area, and I forgot to call before we left to say I was traveling. But turns out someone made several online purchases using my number. So the account is shut down, and the fraud protection means I don't have to pay the charges. It's an inconvenience, but at least they caught it.


No comments:

Post a Comment