Tuesday, June 25, 2013

First rehearsal and hike

I had a nice post written Monday night, but not it’s nowhere to be found on my phone.  So, let’s see if I can try this again, but summarized a bit.

Monday morning was Andy’s first rehearsal, which seemed to go well.  It was in one of the outdoor amphitheaters, so Isaac and I could go observe from a distance.  There is a grassy area behind the seats, so Isaac played there and pushed his stroller around on the sidewalk.  He also had a good time climbing up and down the steps of the aisles between the seats.  Andy said the only time he heard him was the point at which we had gone to nearly the bottom, and Isaac suddenly decided to point to the stage and scream “Daaahhh!” followed, of course, by our hasty retreat. 

After naptime, we went with friends for a hike to a place on the shore called Empire Bluff.  It was about a thirty minute drive, and twenty minute hike one-way.  We ended up on top of a bluff with a breathtaking view of Sleeping Bear Dunes and Lake Michigan.  The two Manitou Islands are usually visible off the shore, but it was just hazy enough not to see them, even though it was sunny.  Abbey, if you’re reading this, I think you would like to read the legend of the Sleeping Bear Dunes, which I can’t look up right now.

Lucky Isaac got to ride in his cloth carrier tied to Andy’s back.  If I get picture added to this, he doesn’t look all that happy in the carrier, but rest assured he was.  He giggles whenever he bounces in the carrier, especially going up or downhill on steps, which happened a few times on the trail, so he had a great time.  There was also a lot of sand at the top of the viewing area, his first time experiencing this.  It was amusing to watch him try to walk in it, and run his fingers and toes through it.  He learned to dig his fingers in, then bring his hands out and clap them clean—“clap them clean,” of course, in the loosest and least effective sense of the phrase. 

Andy went to a reception in the evening while Isaac and I tried to do laundry, and that’s about it.  Andy’s rehearsal started in mid-morning, but from now on, it starts at 8:20 AM.  So I’ll have to get myself up and organized before Isaac wakes.  I think he’s about adjusted to the time change now, since he has stopped sleeping past 8 AM.


I’m attempting to add photos from our hike, all of which came from our good camera, and therefore can’t be added to my phone without a good amount of work on my part.  So don’t get too used to such nice photos, because I won’t be lugging my laptop to campus all the time to enable doing this sort of thing.  And if you don’t see photos…maybe later.






1 comment:

  1. Of course I'm reading and will look it up post-haste. Very cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete